An international child care centre where your child feels at home
Small groups in a professional homely daycare center
At House by the park we have your child’s best interest at heart. This is why we work with small groups.
4 tailor-made groups
During the day children aged between 0 to 5 years are divided into groups based on their age and language needs.
- The baby group: an English language group for children aged 3 months to about 18 months. The maximum number of children in this group is 6 with two teachers.
- The toddler group: an English language group for children aged 1,5 to 4 years. The maximum number of children in this group is 12.
- The Dutch group: a Dutch language group for children aged 1,5 to 4 years. The maximum number of children in this group is 7.
- The international preschool group: an English language group for children aged 2 to 5 years. The maximum number of children in this group is 15.
We make sure that both children and teachers are feeling comfortable and going through healthy routine that helps little ones to grow with the right attitude of sharing things with others, knowing how to behave and communicate in a nice manner. We try to plan outside activity’s every day, such as playing in the park, city farm or playground and by nice weather to the beach, Sealife, Museum etc..
Each group has 1 to 2 regular teachers, depending on the number of the children in the group. Each group has one fixed play room to get actively involved in. Also we always have at least one back-up teacher available in case a teacher gets sick or is not available for some reason. From 2001 till now we never had a temporary staff or come and go teachers.
Special arrangements for the holidays
During holidays, and depending on the number of children, groups may be merged. However, the children are still looked after by our familiar regular professional teachers. We do not work with temporary teachers.
When doing the planning, we ensure that the teacher: child ratio always meets the national standards. We communicate with parents about what they can expect through our regular digital newsletter and parents app on Whatsapp. We share important news, reminders and daily pictures of our children. (off course with permission of the parents.)
We are more than welcoming everyone during holiday seasons, some special events. So parents can relax and bring their kids to us to play and interact with other children in an international playful environment. It is always through games and songs that goes well and easy to get involved even for newcomers. During holidays, and depending on the number of children, groups may be mixed together which makes it nicer for them to get to know some new/old faces, be more sensible towards younger age and be involved to take care of babies while helping teacher by doing something all together. However, the children are always looked after by our regular and so familiar to them teachers. We do not encourage and work with temporary teachers as it won`t bring that strong and family related bond to them as on a day to day base.
When doing the planning, we ensure that our teachers meet the proper and necessary child standards. We prefer to communicate with parents about what their needs and expectations are through our regular correspondence with them – our centre`s digital newsletter.
Why House By The Park
- You will find us at a beautiful location in The Hague and Scheveningen. Our shelter is small-scale and homely.
- We put health first and therefore we offer a fresh cooked healthy warm lunch and lots of fruit.
- You can place your child in a Dutch-speaking or English-speaking group.
- Continuity and stability are important to us, which is why we focus on permanent leaders and a minimal of three days a week
- Playing together is good for social and emotional development.
- We don’t work with substitute teachers
- We daily cook fresh meals in our own kitchen.