An international child care centre where your child feels at home
4 French mother tongue child care professionals
(30 July 2014)
House by the park (House by the park) is an international, homely child care centre for children aged between 0 and 11 years. It is beautifully located in a historic house in the heart of a green and child friendly neighbourhood of The Hague.
In 2011, House by the park created a French speaking after school group. At the request of many parents we are now seeking to start a French language day care group for children aged 1.5 to 4 years by September.
We are therefore looking for 4 French mother tongue child care professionals (including one assistant teacher) to strengthen our team. The positions are for 20, 26, 28 and 30 hours a week.
Required education and skills
• You are a qualified child care practitioner, child care assistant, early childhood development practitioner, infant educator, or you hold a diploma which allows you to work with children. You graduated from a recognised institution in France, the Netherlands or an English speaking country.
• You are a mother tongue French speaker and have a good grasp of English and/or Dutch.
• You have an impeccable professional background, good presentation and communication skills.
• You are familiar with health and safety regulations and procedures, and can administer first aid.
• You are passionate about working with young children and are by nature motivated, attentive and enthusiastic.
What we offer
At House by the park we only accept children for a minimum of 3 days a week and work with small groups. This creates a safe and sound pedagogical environment where children can thrive and blossom. As a caregiver you have the opportunity to bond with the children and to understand them so that you can meet their personal needs. You have their interest at heart and prepare them in the best way possible for the next step in their lives.
House by the park’s employment conditions (e.g. salary, annual leave) are in line with national employment standards for child care workers in the Netherlands. The average hourly rate is around € 11 per hour, but may vary according to experience and responsibility.
We offer preferential rates to members of staff who wish to make use of House by the park services for their own children.
Our opening hours are Monday to Friday from 07:10 to 18:10, including school holidays. As House by the park believes that stability is important for children (and their parents), each child care worker is expected to work at least 3 days a week.
How to apply
Please send an email stating your motivation and qualifications to:
Ms. Fariba Motamedi
House by the park